Balance Column Ledger Account
An account with debit and credit columns for recording entries and a third column for showing the balance of the account after each entry is posted.
Ledger - All of the accounts together also called a group of accounts
• the data from the balance sheet is used to set up the accounts.
• the dollar figure for the account is written on the first line. This is the beginning value of the account.
• the dollar figure must be recorded on the side that the account appears in the balance sheet.
Debit refers to the left side of any account. Credit refers to the right side of any account.
1. The normal balance of any account goes on the same side that it appears on the balance sheet i.e (Asset - Left)
2. Increase on the balance side.
3. Decrease on the side opposite the balance.